Monday, September 28, 2009

Dixie's views on the time-out chair


Hi!  It's me, Dixie!  I've been having a fun day chewing on Mommy's pant leg, chewing on my little human's socks, and chewing this yummy paper thing called "Emma's math book", whatever that means.  All this chewing can be hard work, but do you think that Mommy appreciates that?  You don't even have to say it, we both know the answer.  So anyway, I thought I would share my ideas on the time-out chair.  First of all, researchers tend to agree that time-outs are not effective for anyone under 24 months.  Ummm, hello?  I'm only 1!  Also, time-outs increase separation anxiety which can damage my core sense of security.  Think about that, it's my core!  I'm thinking that maybe one of you, my loving followers, can call my mommy and explain these things to her.  Thanks in advance!  Your diva-Dixie

1 comment:

  1. That time out chair photo is a contest winner if I ever saw one. How cute!

    ReplyDelete